The new year is the perfect time to declutter and refresh your home. Refreshing your space doesn’t have to come with a hefty price tag, even the smallest of updates can make a huge difference in the look and feel of your home. The following are a few simple, yet very stylish and affordable ideas.
1. Paint is easily one of the more affordable options for anyone looking to create change and make an impact. Once you’ve narrowed your choices down to a few variations of one colour, use a heavyweight poster paper and paint at least two coats of your sample colour onto it. Because light changes throughout the room, move your sample around, viewing them in different light settings and times.
I also like having sample paint pots around for any touch-ups after my painting project is complete.
2. Add some greenery. Whether you want to increase productivity in the workplace, purify the air or just make things look pretty, plants are not only an affordable option but can bring your home or office space to life. Plants have an abundance of health benefits, from improving the air quality in a room to enhancing your overall mood, but they also bring texture, colour and balance to any space. Display in beautiful planters or baskets for added impact.
3. Reconfigure your existing pieces. By simply reconfiguring the layout of the space, you can give each room a fresh, new perspective. You could also try experimenting by moving pieces from room to room.
4. Refreshing accent pieces are another very simple and budget-friendly way to breathe new life into any space. It’s those little details like hanging new art or unfurlling a new rug that creates a big impact. Accent pieces not only serve to add visual interest to a space but can help to create texture and add that pop of colour.
5. Repurpose. What’s old is new again! Reduce, Reuse and Recycle whenever possible. Your home decorating project can be stylish and environmentally friendly. Add new pulls to a once favourite piece or re-upholster/re-paint old furniture instead of buying new.
Refresh your home for the new year with these simple, yet budget friendly ideas. If you would like additional help updating your home or business email firstname.lastname@example.org